Sunday, August 23, 2026

Mugman Stuff


Jacob Lenard was one of my biggest influences on my art growing up, although I don't exactly remember how I discovered his cartoons. There was Loose Ends, Mugman, Pike's lagoon, Evaporate, Plancy's World, I remember them all.


These are stills from the first episode 'Mugman's Wish'. The characters are very crudely drawn, given that it was drawn in Paint dot Net, while 'Mugman's Trampoline' was animated in Flash (shown below).



Pure crude cartoony goodness!



I remember being obsessed with Mugman to the point I wanted to make a live action fan film based on it, which didn't go anywhere. This idea was from around 2020. I guess I wanted to jump on Hollywood's bandwagon of making realistic cartoon movies.


Imagine some bloke dressed as Mugman with prosthetic makeup and a mug glued to his head. Creepy..



Teeth.


Wonderful tiny eyes on Sunshine.



Pementa loses her shit.





Here's a later Mugman from around 2017. Less crudely drawn and a new design, but still cartoony. His wish finally came true and grew a second arm. Good for him!




Mugman's dead, penpoint eyes.



I wonder if Pementa is a stoner like Liz. The two would be best buds.






2020s Mugman.


Damn YouTube bar getting in the way! ARRGH!



Nice wild take.


These are from 'The Cat's Disavow'.


He has reverted back to his old design and grew some fingers.


Can't you believe Matthew Littlemore voiced the cat in this cartoon?



I wonder how Mugman is able to get away with having an exotic animal as a pet? I guess that's legal in his world. Cassowaries can get really aggressive.


Gotta love when his tongue goes in front of his teeth.


Mugman lumps


Eat your ice cream with hot-sauce and you'll grow up to have proportions like this.


So long folks!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Rocky & Bullwinkle Sell Sugar Lumps

  Here are some stills from some bumpers for General Mills from Rocky and His Friends. These sponsor bumpers are really interesting to me. O...